Sunday, August 19, 2007

My First Crochet Project

A couple years ago I tried to teach myself crochet with a self-modified dishcloth pattern. Above is the result. Your basic cotton yarn from Wal-Mart - Peaches and Cream in natural. I like how it's curly on one edge and tapers on the other edge.

How did this masterpiece emerge from the yarn stash? Our spoon rest up until this point had been a paper napkin from Filiberto's. (Mmmm Machaca burrito....) Didn't take long for it to get stuck to the counter and leave little, gross napkin pieces. Eww. So the bf, tidier than any guy I've known, jokingly suggests cutting a square out of one of my favorite dish towels. I considered finding an old one to "part out" but ehhh .... Oh! I can make one! He he how fun! I took out the bin of cotton yarn and ... Voila! The perfect little swatch there before me. Ahh my first crochet project put to good use.

If you're wondering why there's a fork on the spoon rest and not a spoon, your guess is as good as mine. I only said he was tidy.

1 comment:

J said...

I'm inspired to create my own coffee spoon holder now. Except it will be knit because crochet is for losers.