Wednesday, September 26, 2007

FFBE Question of the Week

As of this weekend, the season has officially changed on the calendar - but what makes Autumn feel like Autumn to you, and why?


This year all I looked forward to was relief from the relentless heat. I, under normal circumstances, crave the heat but this year my A/C was out for most of the summer, I got heat exhaustion and we broke a record - most number of days over 110. That's not normal. If you want to experience for yourself in your own home exactly how the desert sun feels bake some cookies and when you open the oven door put your face in it. Seriously. Thankfully, the end of Summer actually marked the end of the heat. YAY!


What makes Autumn feel like Autumn...


Baking bread and goodies

Crisp, cool morning air

Hot tea on the patio

Weekend barbecues with friends

Cooking for Thanksgiving

Anticipation of Christmas


1 comment:

Kirsty said...

We had no summer to speak of this year in the UK, so I do envy you your heat (well, not all of it. Maybe we could share? That should work out to two very pleasant summers...)
I popped over to thank you for your sweet comment on my (Yorkshire) riviera jumper. Thanks!